QuickBooks application is used by small and medium-sized business organizations to deal with business accountancy and bookkeeping. It is one of the best applications available in the business market. How to Import QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online is one of the main tasks users seek a solution for. Read the complete article to know the complete procedure.
Are you wondering how to import QuickBooks Desktop to Online? If yes, then don’t worry, you are on the right page. Here we will discuss the brief instruction of convert QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online.
Difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks Online is a platform that provides the freedom to access financial data anywhere, anytime. It is a subscription-based product of Intuit which ease the lives of entrepreneurs.
QuickBooks Desktop version needs to be installed on a single computer. You can’t access it from anywhere.
Benefits of QuickBooks Online
- QuickBooks Online automatically schedules and performs transactions.
- You can easily attach documents, signatures, images & and many more transactions via a mobile device.
- In QuickBooks Online, you get unlimited time tracking and reporting.
- You can easily set up mobile budgets every financial year.
- QuickBooks Online gets integrated with third-party applications.
- New banking rules automatically get updated.
- Protection and automated backup of data.
- Unlimited free technical support.
- Instant access to the latest version of QuickBooks.
Benefits of Importing QuickBooks Desktop to Online
- It is free of cost. Intuit doesn’t charge anything for importing data to the online version.
- You can easily compare reports from the current year to the previous year.
Note: Isn’t our street food section exciting? and those accounting tricks or those customized shoes? if you want such notifications then do subscribe Kitarticle to get updated information.
How to import QuickBooks Desktop To Online?
QuickBooks is a multi-feature accounting application; it provides both online and desktop versions. QuickBooks Desktop won’t allow the user to access data from anywhere while QuickBooks Online provides access to data 24/7. If you want to know how to import QuickBooks Desktop to Online, you must check the importing criteria. You must import the data before 60 days of subscription and make sure to update the application.
Steps to convert QB Desktop to Online
- First, check the import criteria. Import QuickBooks Desktop to Online within 60 days of subscription.
- Make sure that QuickBooks Desktop favors the export. Update your QuickBooks Desktop. Check that there is no pending task in your application.
- Create a backup of your crucial data to avoid data loss before converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online.
- Now, set up a new QuickBooks Online account for that you need a name, email address, mobile number, and a strong password to complete the task.
- Login to your QuickBooks Desktop account you wish to convert to QuickBooks Online.
- Go to the Company menu in your QuickBooks Desktop and click on “Export Company File to QuickBooks Online”.
- Again, sign in to your QuickBooks Online account with your correct id and password.
- Now make your decision whether you want to bring over inventory or not.
- Select your QuickBooks Online Company or create a new one.
- Copy QuickBooks Desktop File.
- Finally, complete the setup process.
Hopefully, you have understood how to import QuickBooks Desktop to Online. In case you face any doubt, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number 1800-280-5969.