Intuit QuickBooks, as we all know, is a leading accounting and bookkeeping software that includes important tools of cutting-edge financial accounting technology. As a business owner, you can attest to the fact that average knowledge is sufficient to handle and manage this software in order to achieve organizational goals. However, you must ensure that QuickBooks installation, updates, and upgrades are performed on a regular basis. If you are going to activate QuickBooks desktop then you may confront error 15301, so you need to learn how to use QuickBooks properly.
If you have one or more copies of the QuickBooks Desktop application, you must manually activate or register each copy if you are a QB user. We believe you will find this article useful.
Important Points to Remember
Things you need to be taken care of:
- Always check whether QuickBooks is ACTIVATED or NOT by pressing the “F2” or “CTRL+1” keys.
- If you see QuickBooks is ACTIVATED, you’re good to go. If not, proceed to the activation.
- If you receive the error “The validation code is incorrect,” confirm that:
- Check that the License and Product numbers are correct. If the product number does not match the license number, change the product number before proceeding with the activation.
- The verification code is correct.
QuickBooks Desktop For Windows Computers:
After successfully installing the QuickBooks software, you must activate it before you can use it. To activate the software, a screen will appear. You can also manually activate it by following the steps below:
- To begin, launch QuickBooks and press the “F2” key on the keyboard.
- Following the opening of the ‘Product Information window, the user must check the registration status on the right-hand side of the ‘License number’.
- If QuickBooks says ACTIVATED, you’re good to go.
- If QuickBooks is NOT ACTIVATED, then follow the steps outlined below:
- When you click the “Ok” button, the ‘Product Information window will be closed.
- Now, go to the “Help” menu and select “Activate QuickBooks.”
- Continue to follow the on-screen prompts to verify your information and complete the activation process.
QuickBooks Desktop For Mac Computers
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the “menu” tab.
- Choose “Register QuickBooks” from the drop-down menu.
- In the information dialogue box, enter the “License Number” and “Product Number,” then click the “Next” button.
- Select “Online Registration.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the registration (if the register option does not appear, the software is already registered).
For QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and Earlier Versions
- Prior to the 2016 version, Intuit discontinued older versions. Discontinued products, on the other hand, cannot be registered for the first time.
- Re-registering discontinued items is possible if they were previously registered and their re-installation is in progress. You can also contact us if you require a validation code.
Issues that occur with registering or activating QuickBooks Desktop
- If the entered information is not accepted, you should double-check and ensure that the information entered is the same as what you provided at the time of purchase.
- If you are experiencing a blank screen, an error message, or any other technical issue, you can try temporarily disabling your antivirus.
Read Also: How to Become a QuickBooks ProAdvisor