Want to know the procedure to successfully troubleshoot QuickBooks Error code 404? Just make sure that you go through an attentive reading of this article. QuickBooks error code 404 is an error that is caused primarily when QuickBooks users attempt a connection with their bank. Various reasons may provide a spark to this error, all of which shall be described within the ambit of this article. In addition to the troubleshooting error 404 in QuickBooks, we shall also be throwing some light on the major signs experienced by users during the onset of this error code in QuickBooks Desktop.
Major Signs that come along with QuickBooks Error 404
Various indicators of this QuickBooks error include the following:
- The most common and obvious sign of this error is the error message itself that comes up abruptly while users perform their usual accounting operations on QuickBooks.
- The page of the bank website that the user is attempting to gain access to might have changed. Although in major cases, the site redirects users to the new one, other times, error 404 shows up.
- The user inputs, which would otherwise take the least time to process, take significant time to process in the computer system.
- The computer witnesses a sudden shutdown/restart. Although this is a rare instance, usually, the QuickBooks software shuts down abruptly.
Fixative methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 404
Our experts have elaborated on the most efficacious techniques for dealing with this QuickBooks bank feed error. Just make sure to be attentive while performing the fixative solutions given in this section. Also, make sure that you always open the QuickBooks application as admin and close any suspicious third-party applications/processes running in the background.
1: Change the Internet settings
- Launching Internet Explorer is the initial step. Go to settings by first clicking the Gear symbol in the top-right corner, then select Tools.
- After that, select the Security tab, then Internet.
- The user is now required to access the website and select Add.
- The user must click the OK button after adding the website.
- The user should log out of the account at the conclusion.
2: Examine the internet connection
To test internet connectivity, launch a trustworthy web browser (ideally Internet Explorer) and attempt to access a few websites. If the page doesn’t load, your Internet is likely disconnected, and you must fix it to troubleshoot Error 404 in QuickBooks.
3: Keeping QuickBooks up to date
- Open the QuickBooks application to begin the update process, and then select the Help menu
- To download your QuickBooks updates, select Update QuickBooks Desktop and then follow the on-screen instructions.
4: Repair QuickBooks
- To start fixing the software, launch the Control panel by pressing Windows and R keyboard keys, entering App wiz. Cpl, and then pressing the Enter You will be taken immediately to the Control Panel’s Programs and Features section.
- Select QuickBooks, and then select Repair.
- It will take some time to complete the repair process. In the interim, be careful not to interfere in between and avoid running any programs in the background.
5: Firewall settings need to be configured
- Select Windows Start menu, and then type “Firewall” into the search
- Click the on Windows Firewall twice to open it, and then select the Advanced Security menu item.
- Check the firewall settings now, and take QuickBooks off the list of processes that are prohibited (if it is included).
- Also, consider temporarily stopping the antivirus program as well, and then recheck for QuickBooks Error code 404.
6: Remove junk files
- In order to use this technique, you must locate Cache and Cookies in Internet Explorer’s Internet settings and also delete any temporary files.
- Finally, try logging into QuickBooks using your browser to see if the , method helped in fixing Error 404 in QuickBooks.
We’ve reached the end of this article and are confident that these solutions should assist you in troubleshooting error 404 in QuickBooks. You can speak with our specialists at our helpline 1 800 761 1787 or assistance related to auxiliary QuickBooks-related issues.