Do you think local search rankings affect your business? If you do, you’re not alone. In fact, 70% of businesses rank local search as an important driver of website traffic and revenue.
So how does local search ranking impact your search rankings? And what can you do to make sure that your business takes advantage of it? Let’s take a look at the various ways in which local search influences your website’s performance and what you can do to improve your site’s position in local search results.
What is local search engine optimization?
Local search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing a website for local search. It is a subset of SEO that focuses on making a website more visible in local search results.
Where do you find your customer? If you don’t know, it’s time to find out! In this blog post, we’ll break down how online visibility affects your business and what you can do about it.
If you need help with BC SEO or just want to chat about your current situation, contact us today! We are BC SEO specialists who can give you advice from our years of experience in Vancouver, British Columbia.
3 Positive Effects of Local SEO
- Increasing your website’s visibility in local search results can help you attract more customers.
- With more and more people using mobile devices to search for businesses, it’s important to make sure your website is optimized for local search.
- Local SEO can also help you stand out from the competition and build trust with potential customers.
- In order to rank well locally, all factors (such as keywords, links, backlinks, and content) need to be considered.
- An SEO specialist Vancouver will be able to help you improve all these factors so that your site ranks well in search engines like Google and Bing!
3 Negative Effects of Local SEO
- Failing to properly optimize your website for local SEO can result in poor search engine rankings.
- Ignoring local SEO best practices can lead to potential customers finding your competitors instead of you.
- Not taking advantage of local SEO can mean missing out on valuable leads and sales. Local SEO is the process of optimizing your business or personal website to rank higher in search engines like Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and AOL for keywords relevant to the region or location of your business.
- Local SEO has grown rapidly over the past few years because it provides a cost-effective way for small businesses to compete with large corporations.
- These three negative effects illustrate why it’s important that all businesses are mindful of their local SEO strategy as they continue to develop their online presence.
If you’re running a business in Vancouver or anywhere else in British Columbia, local SEO should be a key part of your digital marketing strategy.
By optimizing your website and online listings for local search, you can improve your visibility in search results and attract more customers.
While there’s no guarantee that higher rankings will lead to more sales, it’s certainly worth the effort to try to rank higher in local search results. And if you need help getting started, there are plenty of local SEO Vancouver who can assist you.