At times, when accessing the QuickBooks Desktop accounting software, users receive the error message C=343. Your company files may not be accessible due to this problem, which could also result in QuickBooks failing to reply.
Thus, QuickBooks error C 343 prevents users from utilizing the QuickBooks Desktop, making its resolution necessary. For permanent solutions to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error C=323, read the entire essay through to the end.
How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error C 343?
This QuickBooks error code C=343 can be fixed using a number of methods. They consist of the following:
Solution 1: Getting your QuickBooks Desktop updated
An outdated version of QuickBooks is among the most typical reasons why you get this QuickBooks error message on your screen. To fix this, you must upgrade the software with the most recent patch. QuickBooks must be reopened after the update procedure is finished. This approach might be sufficient to resolve the QuickBooks Company file access issue. Try the next option if that doesn’t work.
Solution 2: Integrate MSXML.Dll Files with QuickBooks
Steps for a 32-bit framework:
- Press “Win + R” at the same time.
- The Run command window appears.
- Click OK after entering Regsvr32 MSXML.dll in the search box.
- A notice stating that you have been “Successfully registered” will now appear on the screen.
- You can now restart the QB software and see if the C 343 problem notice has been resolved.
Steps for 64-bit framework:
- Type “cmd” in the Run Command Window.
- Hit on the Enter key afterward.
- Now, you need to type “Regsvr 32 MSXML3.dll” and “Regsvr 32 MSXML4.dll” at the Command Prompt and follow up by hitting the Enter
- Finally, the QuickBooks software should be restarted after successfully registering both the .dll files.
Solution 3: Check If Re-installing the MSXML
- You are required to locate and download the Microsoft core XML file to your computer from the official website of Microsoft.
- After the file has been successfully installed, double-click any MSXML files and then adhere to the on-screen instructions.
- Finish by restarting QuickBooks.
- If QuickBooks error C 343 still occurs, you must implement the steps contained in the next solution.
Solution 4: Opening QuickBooks in the Safe Mode
Lesser drivers are needed while opening QuickBooks in Windows Safe Mode. Additionally, the drivers are loaded in Safe mode in their most basic forms. The application just uses the necessary drivers in order to function. This QuickBooks error code can cause the application to stop working; therefore, it can be a good way to troubleshoot errors when they occur.
Solution 5: Turn off Windows Compatibility Mode for QuickBooks Icon
- You are required to right-click the QuickBooks icon after shutting down any running windows of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- After right-clicking, tap on “Properties” and then proceed to the Compatibility tab.
- You are required to unmark the box that states “Run this program in compatibility mode” and then hit on “OK.”
- Hit Cancel and move on to the next troubleshooting step if the box is not ticked.
Solution 6: Repair Damaged QuickBooks Company File
A comprehensive tool called QuickBooks File Doctor automatically fixes any corruption or damage caused to your company files and your network. To use the tool, it is mandatory to set up the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer. Follow the procedure given below:
- First, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Intuit website.
- Select the appropriate download link, then save the Tool Hub setup file on your computer.
- Run the setup file you downloaded to start the installation, then follow the on-screen instructions to finish it.
- Now, double-click the desktop icon of the Tool Hub to launch it.
- Once opened, you are supposed to head to the “QuickBooks File Doctor” under the “Company File Issues” tab.
- Use the “Browse” option to choose your company’s files, and then hit on “Check File Damage” option.
- Choose ‘’Diagnose File’’ to enable the File Doctor to diagnose and fix any inherent issues in your company file.
The post has attempted to assist you with easy steps to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error C=343. We hope you find it useful. If you have faced problems, you can contact our QuickBooks error technical support staff via our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.