Before getting into the question of how frequently you should service or repair your motorhome, we first should know the difference between a campervan and a motorhome. So let’s get start.
What is a Campervan?
A van equipp with all the essential living sections like eating and sleeping in it, just like a house, is called a campervan. These campervans are smaller in size compare to motorhomes. There is no division between the living and the driving section. A campervan does not have additional elements; it just has the basic installations of washing, sleeping, and eating.
What is a Motorhome?
On the other hand, a motorhome is a recreational vehicle that has the living quarters built on a bus or a truck to serve as the traveling home. Unlike the campervan, it has a division between driving and living quarters. The living quarters include the sleeping, ablution, and kitchen section. It is more extensive in size compare to a campervan.
Since we now know the difference between a motorhome and a campervan. It’s time to learn more about the motorhome in detail. So let’s dive in to comprehend more about motorhome servicing Essex.
1. Battery Service or Maintenance
Just like every other vehicle, the motorhome or campervan batter also needs your attention every once in a while. There are things that you need to remember or take note of if you are facing or having trouble with your motorhome battery. Following are the things that you need to remember:
- Motorhomes are not that often on the road and remain parked for a substantial part of the year, which can cause them to run out of juice from the battery. So you should charge your motorhome battery every 7 to 10 days to avoid unexpected failure.
- The temperature where your campervan or motorhome is park also plays its part in the battery’s health. The lower the temperature higher will be the chances of the battery being dead.
- Keep the battery’s terminal rust-free and clean to prevent the battery from getting dead, and if they do get rust, get them to a repair shop for the motorhome rust treatment.
- Familiar with all the battery types so you can easily handle them when a battery needs repair.
2. Electrical Maintenance
If you are familiar with campervans or motorhomes, you would know that you can come up with electric glitches which are minor and complicated. To get it solved instantly, you should have a professional motorhome electrical repair mechanic taking care of these electrical breakdowns. One way of sidestepping these problems is not to load your motorhomes with more than two things working simultaneously. If you would have your toaster, juicer, grinder, and hair dryer working at once. It can cause a fuse to a breakdown which is not something you would love. You need to control the power or load of the devices using external devices if you want no electrical malfunctions in your motorhome.
3. Tires Maintenance
Tires are among the common and most often happening problems that people face in a motorhome when they get onto the roads. There are some tips that you can use to avoid these problems or prevent your tires from getting damage, which are as follows:
- Luggage and passenger weight can affect the tire pressure so having the tire nicely or adequately inflated is the best way to keep your tire in good shape.
- Always check the tire pressure before getting onto the road; make it a habit and rule.
- Check the tire thoroughly to see the signs of damage and tear. It can save you from any unfortunate event happening on the road.
Read More: kitarticle