I noticed that my TV and the mobile are not performing well when I try to access the online content. I checked my TV and mobile for any issues. But when I check my router, I observe that my broadband light blinking red. I don’t know why this is happening. Can anyone tell me how to correct it?
If you are one of those users who face the same as Emma is facing. Then, this issue needs to be fixed soon. Basically, when your broadband light blinking red att, it indicates that your broadband router suffers from an internet issue. When this happens, you will find that none of your internet-based devices, such as computers, mobiles, TV, and laptops, can’t connect to the internet. With this informational guide, we will help you to resolve your issue. But before jumping to the solutions, let’s look at the reasons why this issue occurs.
Why Broadband Light Blinking Red?
Whenever your broadband turns green to red, there can be some severe condition behind this. These are:
- The broadband servers are down or under maintenance.
- Due to the power issue with the device.
- Some faulty connections make it difficult for the router to connect to the servers.
- Utilizing an outdated version of the router’s software.
- When the broadband’s hardware is broken.
- Bad weather is also a reason for poor internet connection.
Now, you know why is your broadband light blinking red. But, the broadband has different kinds of light that indicate the problem according to the colors. You must look at them if you are experiencing one of them.
What Does Broadband Lights Indicate?
The broadband has red, green, and yellow color lights, which indicates different the following terms:
- Flashing Red Light: The broadband detected the signal but didn’t set up any connection.
- Solid Red: No signal on a line when it blinks
- Flashing Green: The broadband router is in the powering mode or attempting to get a broadband connection.
- Solid Green: The router has a good and strong broadband signal.
- Flashing Yellow: The LTE device is in position but not operating correctly.
Now, after knowing what different lights indicates in the broadband router, it’s time to resolve the issue. But before heading towards the solution, you must perform some process.
What to do Before Settle Broadband Light Blinking Red Issue?
There are a few things you must perform to solve the problem. It is possible to fix the issue and result in something minor. These are:
Upgrade Router Firmware
An outdated router’s firmware leads you to this problem. Simply enter the router’s IP address into an internet browser. Then you will ask to enter your sign-in credentials. Now you have access to an update section. Click on it to go to the manufacturer’s website, download the latest firmware, and upload it.
Move Your Router
Your broadband light blinking red because it is not at the correct position. By this, it can’t maintain a stable and robust internet connection. Relocate the router to a different location and check for the problem.
Clear all Avoidance
The blinking red issue can occur when there are interfering objects block the signals. That makes the router create a strong connection. Move all the things or elements like cordless phones, microwaves, and others, away from the router.
Check for Overheating
Like other devices, the broadband routers are also overheated. To check for the overheating, simply touch it. If it is overheated or too hot, it results in the broadband light blinking red. Overheating the router will not function properly. Switch it off and wait until it cools down.
If you are still facing the same after performing the above steps, then perform the methods to fix the issue.
Steps to Fix Broadband Light Blinking Red
Measure 1: Restart Modem or Router
Restarting the router can fix your issue very quickly. Follow the given below steps:
- Firstly, unplug the router from the power outlet and wait at least 10-15 seconds. The router gets enough time to cool down in overheating cases.
- After that, plug the router back into the power outlet and check for the problem.
- This process can take up to 4-5 minutes.
Measure 2: Manually Factory Reset the Router
Generally, the above method works most of the time. If it doesn’t work, then perform a factory reset manually. It will reset the router and fix your broadband light blinking red issue. Here’s how:
- Firstly, find the Reset button. Generally, it is on the backside of the router.
- Then, pick a paper pin or SIM card pin.
- Now, using any pin, press and hold the Reser button for 8-10 seconds until the lights go off.
- When the router lights turn on, release the reset button.
- After the router turns on, check for the error.
If resetting the router to the factory settings doesn’t help you, follow the following method.