In the last few years, botulinum toxin, also known as Botox, has become very popular in the cosmetic industry. Celebrities and social media influencers have begun to discuss it more openly, giving the controversial skin procedure a more acceptable and even desirable setting. While Botox for the skin concentrates on reducing wrinkles and fine lines, Botox for the hair is totally different. To begin with, Botox treatment for hair is not an injectable technique and does not actually include the botulinum toxin component. It merely adopts the label “Botox” for a deep conditioning treatment that is applied topically and works by “reversing time” for your hair. Confused? Let’s examine this cutting-edge Botox treatment for hair in more depth.
What is a Botox hair treatment?
In contrast to keratin and cysteine treatments, hair Botox is a non-chemical, formaldehyde-free deep conditioning procedure. It involves covering the hair’s surface with less harmful substances to reduce frizz and brighten dull damaged hair. This indicates that while Botox treatment for hair does have some benefits for straightening hair, they are not comparable to those of pure straightening procedures. However, it does aid in rebuilding damaged and thickening thin spots in your fibers to make them appear and feel silky and voluminous.
Advantages of the Treatment
Your hair begins to lose volume and flexibility as you get older, which is one of the unpleasant impacts. The procedure “Botox for Hair” just like on your skin, fills the hair fibers to smooth them out and lessen frizz. The procedure straightens the texture of the hair providing a ton of texture and gloss for a glamorous finish. Similar-functioning popular hair treatments come to mind, don’t they? Let’s clarify the situation.
What is the process of Hair Botox treatment?
There is no predetermined recipe for hair Botox treatments. Proteins, peptides, amino acids, vitamin B5, vitamins, collagen complex, and lipids are a few of the well-known substances employed for the same. To “turn back the clock” on your hair, they are coupled with a variety of different conditioning products. The term “Botox” refers to a combination of substances and a procedure that fills in thinning hair fibers. One of the most popular hair treatments today, one session can give you hair that is silkier, shinier, and more youthful-looking (with less damage).
What to anticipate from a standard hair Botox procedure?
If you’ve decided to have hair Botox, here is what to anticipate from a typical session:
Step 01: To remove dust, dirt, and oil buildup from the scalp, wash your hair. Your hair will be cleaned of any serum or leave-in treatment residue. The hair cuticles are opened using a clarifying shampoo. Only shampoo is used to wash hair to prepare a spotless foundation for the treatment.
Step 02: The Botox treatment is completely applied from root to tip after sectioning off your towel-dried hair. The treatment is applied for around 45 minutes, after which it is washed off with a moderate, sulfate-free hair cleanser.
Step 03: Your hair is the first blast dried after you’ve washed off the treatment. This helps seal the treatment in the fibers of your hair. For a deeper and more intensive action, some establishments may dry and straighten your hair without washing it first.
Although at-home hair Botox treatments are offered for purchase, it is always advised to visit a salon to get it done properly and prevent damage to your hair.
How to maintain Botoxed Hair?
Although hair Botox treatment is non-chemical in nature, harm can still occur during the heat straightening process. Here are some tips for maintaining Botoxed hair so the effects last as long as possible:
- Be sure to use a sulfate-, silicone-, and paraben-free hair cleaner. To avoid any sort of dryness, always use a conditioner after washing your hair.
- Use a mending solution and indulge in a once-a-week deep conditioning hair masking session. This helps in healing daily environmental damage to the strands. To uniformly apply the mask from root to tips, use a wash comb.
- Limit your daily use of heat styling to preserve the health of your strands. When styling your hair, use a heat protectant spray to minimize damage, and finish with a leave-in conditioner.
- Wear a silk scarf over your hair when going outside in inclement weather. To decrease friction on the roots and strands while you sleep at night, style your hair in protective hairstyles.
- Receive frequent hair Botox treatments to preserve the appearance of healthy hair. (2-3 annually advisable).
Do hair Botox treatments have any drawbacks?
Botox treatment for hair can have advantages and disadvantages just like any other salon hair service. Before scheduling a session, you should think about a few things, including:
- The sessions can be a little costly. Like other deep conditioning procedures, Botox treatments are pricey but totally worth it.
- The hair Botox treatment involves the after-care procedure. You must be careful not to further harm your hair in your normal activities.
- Not everyone will experience the same outcomes from the therapies. Varied people see different results on their hair depending on their hair type. It is therefore a rather inconsistent treatment.
- People with severely curly hair types may not experience much of a straightening effect on their tresses. This is because the Botox hair treatment has no impact on the texture of your hair.
Very few premium salons provide hair Botox treatment in Delhi. Depending on the kind of salon and hair length, the cost of hair Botox treatment may vary anywhere from INR 7,000 to INR 18,000. Noir Salon is one of the best salons that offer hair Botox treatment in Punjabi Bagh, Delhi besides Looks, Hairmaster, etc. Avail of this hair treatment and you can also get a free consultation from the Noir Hair specialists on their exclusive Lea Levett’s Hair Botox Treatment.
Also Read: 10 Must Try Trendy Hair Colors for 2022 fall